Rules are set up to promote playing matches and getting them completed within a reasonable time.
- There are no Squash Canada ranking points associated with the games played.
- Points are collected for teams and not individuals.
- You get 1 point for showing up and supporting your team on league night.
- You get one point for each win.
- You get one point for the match if played on league night.
- If you miss a night you have until the next scheduled league night to get your match in.
- If you cannot get your match in you can have someone at your level (on another team) or below (on your team) play on your behalf and get 1 point per win.
- If you don't make an effort to schedule a make-up match your opponent gets 3 points (including any for showing up on league night.
- You can challenge up 1 position at a time.
- You can only challenge once per week. (Challenges are scheduled on your own time and you cover your own costs for court use)
- NOTE: You can challenge up 1 position on any team; if you win you change teams and positions with that player.
- Make every effort to accept your challenges or you may lose your position.
- Challenge results need to be in by Monday night.
- The schedule and team list will change frequently; it is important to let me know results of challenge matches so people know who to contact if they cannot make league night.
- Be courteous and let your opponent know early if you cannot make league night. If you do not let your opponent know you cannot make league night by 3:00 PM in the afternoon they get 3 points and that match is not played.
Please contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to play in the Spa Squash league this season.
Hello Squash Players. Here are the details of the SQUASH LEAGUE this year at The Spa.
- We will continue to play on Wednesday nights starting at 5 or 5:30 depending on the number of participants.
- There will only be 1 league session this year; it will start a bit later in the fall and end earlier in the spring with a break at Christmas time. This means 1 schedule and 1 registration for the entire squash season. (duration is anticipated to be 15-20 weeks)
- You will have limited time to make up a missed match; if you cannot play prior to the next scheduled league night you can get someone else at the same level or below you to play in your place. If you do not attempt to reschedule a match your opponent will receive 3 points. Match scores must be submitted at the next league night.
- The anticipated start of league will be October 12th with a drop-in & play night on October the 5th to get payment and your Squash PEI Membership out of the way.
- Scores will not be submitted for Squash Canada Rankings.
- League Cost = $40.00
- A Squash PEI Membership is required to play in league; cost = $30.00
- If you are not a member of The Spa you must pay an additional $5.00 each night you play.
Please get back to me with any questions.
Please share this email with anyone that you think might want to play.
MALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR - Connor Jinks
FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR - Emma Jinks
JUNIOR MALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR - Connor Jinks
JUNIOR FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR - Emma Jinks
MOST SPORTSMANLIKE PLAYER (ADULT) - Derek Anderson
MOST SPORTSMANLIKE PLAYER (JUNIOR) - Logan Anderson
MOST IMPROVED PLAYER (ADULT) - Greg McGuire
MOST IMPROVED PLAYER (JUNIOR) - Olivia Phillips
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR - Mitch Chaisson / Matthew Ramsay
HEART & SOUL AWARD (ADULT) - Ken Sampson / Lester Jinks
HEART & SOUL AWARD (JUNIOR) - Liam Jinks
STEVE ROGERS AWARD - Jo Spencer
Thank you to everyone who played a big role this season.
COACHES - Gord Lawlor, Derek Lawther, BJ MacLean, Shara Cody
LEARN TO PLAY - Steve Bruce, Andy Gallant, Gord Lawlor
LADIES NIGHT - Rhonda MacLean
SUMMERSIDE - Lorraine MacDonald, Dana Betts, Lyndon Oulton
LEAGUE NIGHT - Ken Sampson / Andrew Avery
TOURNAMENTS - Andrew Avery / Matthew Ramsay
EXECUTIVE - Kelly MacWilliams (President), Steve Bruce (VP), Kady Bruce (VP), Ken Sampson (Treasurer), Matthew Ramsay (Secretary), Andrew Avery (Tournament Chair).